What most people don’t know is that it is possible to non-surgically restore moisture, elasticity, and smoothness, to the skin, once you understand which technologies and products to deploy and which biological factors are combated as a result.
There are four reasons the skin loses firmness, hydration, smoothness and elasticity:
Number one, as we age the body no longer produces enough fibroblast, (a type of skin cell that produces hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin). As a result, the collagen fibers scrunch up and lose its original structure- causing wrinkles and sagging all over the face and body. Unlike a young person, an older person’s fibroblast cells do not enter into mitosis (a regeneration process, where it replicates and divides to replace the older less productive cell), approximately every 21 days, and roughly 50 times before apoptosis (cell death). An older person’s fibroblast cells diminish because the process of mitosis requires a small amount of the telomere (which is the DNA at the tip of each chromosome) to get lost each time. These slight mutations impede a precise replication of the cell’s original structure, which compromises and depletes the mitochondria (the cell’s energy supply) and therefore causes the telomere to shorten in length which in turn shortens the lifespan of the cell. Eventually, the lifespan of the cell becomes so short, it has no time to reproduce. Eventually, the life span gets so short, it dies before having a chance to replicate before dying. And the less fibroblast there are, the less hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin are being produced. This means the skin becomes increasingly more dehydrated, less taut less elastic and more vulnerable to gravity. Plus, being exposed to heavy ionic radiation from the sun rays and solar flares which pit the DNA, far more rapidly than the natural mitotic process.
Number two, the muscle mass and tone in our face declines with age. The weakened muscles pull the skin down with it and you get the sagging face syndrome we all know. This causes: eyelid “hooding” and eyebrow drooping, an increase in under eye puffiness, a sagging jawline and the development of jowls, the nasal labial lines (between the lower part of your nose and the corners of your mouth) develop and deepen, the mouth corners to turn down and the lower chin to sag.
Number three, because the muscles surrounding the eyes and mouth aren’t connected to the bone – there is not enough muscular support to lift and tauten up the skin in those areas. This makes these parts of the face the first to wrinkle and show the worst signs of age.
Number four, the facial bone density decreases and the face is no longer plumped by as much fat that is evenly distributed across the entire face and neck area. This means the original scaffolding that once tautly pulled back and smoothly anchored the skin from one point on the face and neck to the other has been diminished in size and altered in shape. This leaves the skin with a great deal of slack it never had because now it must only cover a smaller circumference. This causes wrinkles and sagging skin.
SOLUTION FOR LOSS OF SKIN’S SMOOTHNESS, FIRMNESS & ELASTICITY:
- Lutronic Clarity Laser Genesis Inner Lift: It takes approximately 5 to 12 of these intense yet painless treatments, once a week, to drastically re-surface the aging skin. However, you will see immediate results within a few days after the first one. The skin’s surface will appear tighter and smoother looking. This effect improves with every treatment and the results become more and more dramatic each time. And the results are accumulative. The more treatments you receive, the more improvement in tone, texture, the thickness of skin, tightness and elasticity you will notice. The reason this treatment is so successful is two-fold.
- Number one, the laser heat penetrates deep down to the hypodermal layer of the skin, so that older malformed cells are removed via abrasion (layer by layer with precision) by creating micro-thermal zones. These microscopic laser incisions the size of smaller than the size of a spec (otherwise known as controlled burning). A healing process that drastically transforms the surface of dull, older, loser looking skin into younger, smoother, tauter looking skin is immediately triggered because it thickens skin that is thinner and therefore more wrinkle-prone. The healing process brings with it, an immediate and longer lasting construction of newly formed skin cells.
- Number two, the heat of the laser also stimulates the fibroblast cells (at the mid-dermal layer of the skin), to reproduce higher volumes of hyaluronic acid, elastin and collagen, which repairs the structural integrity of brittle, un-elastic scrunched up collagen fibres because those vital proteins are what causes the skin to be firm, maintain its elasticity and tone and lock in moisture. There is virtually no downtime needed for this procedure and can be done once a week with little to no post-care required.
- An OxyGeneo 3 in 1 Super Facial will painlessly trigger faster fibroblast cell regeneration (which is mitosis) so that the skin has more elasticity, firmness, and hydration. This technology uses a combination of abrasion (as in micro abrasion) and exfoliation enzymes in the form of a capsugen comprised of alpha hydroxy acid & oxygenation enzymes (as in a mild chemical peel), to gently cleanse the skin and remove dead cells on the outer epidermal layer of the skin. This opens up the pathways of the skin at the mid-dermal layer to receive active nutrients that reduce pore size, tighten up the surface, even out skin tone, lighten dark spots and brighten the skin’s overall appearance. Ultrasound technology is then used alongside minute CO2 bubbles that gently burst on the skin’s surface and are degassed, to help deeply infuse revitalizing active nutrients to the mid-dermal layer of skin. Once the active ingredients have penetrated to the proper depth, they instantly send oxygen-rich blood to the treated areas that correct the DNA of the cell and increase the impact of the active ingredients themselves for an oxygenation of the skin that is generated deep from within.
- SkinCeuticals Biomedic Micro-Exfoliating Scrub offers an intense exfoliation that is gentle and soothing to buff away dull skin. This type of abrasion tightens and exfoliates dull aging skin to trigger mitosis (which is skin cell regeneration).
- Clayton Shagal’s Collagen Gel is a 99% medical grade pure extracted 10% collagen molecule easily penetrates the deep dermal layers of the skin. This allows it to restore hydration and locks in moisture -making the skin suppler, and delaying the formation of fine lines and wrinkles, revitalizing and normalizing the production of collagen and reducing the signs of premature aging and photo-damage by improving skin’s overall appearance and texture. The effectiveness of this pharmaceutical grade formula, is attributed to it being a pure collagen extract that is non-hydrolyzed and acido-soluble that is bioavailable, (meaning the body sees it as a molecular protein structure that it naturally creates on its own and therefore allows the molecule to remain intact without disintegrating) so it can penetrate deep into the dermis and become extremely effective in healing and tighten up the skin.
- An anti-aging chemical peel, will painlessly and non-abrasively remove the first couple layers of skin safely (and without irritation), to uncover the newer skin underneath that is tauter and more youthful looking.
- Photofacial skin tightening treatments: It takes approximately 5 – 12 skin tightening and or rejuvenating photo facials, to tauten up the skin around the jowls, jawline and neck area. This treatment works by transferring a powerful scattered Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), into the mid-dermal layer of the skin that stimulates the fibroblast cells into producing higher than normal volumes of proteins like hyaluronic acid, elastin, and collagen. This in turn repairs and maintains the structural integrity of the collagen fibers in the skin. With enough regular treatments (every two weeks apart), the skin will gain more elasticity, better hydration, increased firmness and better tone. For the dynamic and non-dynamic rhytides (which are wrinkles that occur as a result of lost fibroblast and reparative muscle contraction).
- SkinCeuticals AOX Eye Cream Serum: This formula (is a pharmaceutical grade gel highly recommended by dermatologists) that provides an advanced environmental protection around the eyes by neutralizing damaging free radicals while reducing the look of puffiness, visible signs of fatigue, and under eye circles. It also targets visible signs of aging such as crow’s feet, fine lines and improves the appearance of wrinkles. This Paraben- fragrance- alcohol-, and dye-free formula is ideal for most skin types and works as well as it does because it contains a synergistic combination of 5% pure vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid), 1% phloretin, 0.5% ferulic acid and other powerful botanicals that protect the delicate eye area from premature and atmospheric skin aging caused by free radicals from UVA/UVB, infrared radiation (IRA), and ozone pollution (O3).
TO NON-SURGICALLY COMBAT ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE:
- SkinCeuticals Physical Diffusion UV Defence is the most effective safeguard against environmental hazards (that can and should be used daily not just while sunbathing), to protect against further depletion of fibroblast cells. This type of pharmaceutical grade UV protection provides top-of-the-line protection from photoaging because it offers a high level of broad-spectrum sun protection with chemical-free UV filters.
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic: A daytime vitamin C serum that delivers advanced environmental protection (and also improves the appearance of lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, and brightens skin’s complexion). A combination anti-oxidant treatment contains L-ascorbic acid, alpha tocopheral, and ferulic acid to aggressively combat toxic oxidizing environmental stressors. C E Ferulic features a synergistic antioxidant combination of 15% pure vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid), 1% vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), and 0.5% ferulic acid to enhance protection against environmental damage caused by free radicals that can contribute to atmospheric aging. This vitamin C serum helps neutralize free radicals induced by UVA/UVB, infrared radiation (IRA), and ozone pollution (O3), which may lead to visible signs of accelerated skin aging. In addition to antioxidant protective benefits, it improves signs of aging and photodamage, the appearance of lines and wrinkles and the loss of firmness, while brightening skin’s complexion. It provides advanced environmental protection by neutralizing damaging free radicals. Neutralizes free radicals on the upper layer of the skin to help prevent the impact of ozone damage to the skin. It also has visible anti-aging benefits, such as the improvement of the appearance of lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, and brightens skin’s complexion. Once absorbed, this paraben-free vitamin C serum remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours, is suitable for use post-laser and is good for dry, and sensitive skin types too.
TO NON-SURGICALLY COMBAT THE LOSS OF MUSCLE TONE AND AGING OF AREAS OF THE FACE SUCH AS THE EYES AND MOUTH THAT ARE NOT ATTACHED TO THE BONE:
- OxyGeneo Third Generation Tripolar Radio Frequency painlessly penetrates and stimulates the weakened muscle fibers between the dermal and hypodermal layer of the skin by heating them up to 40 degrees Celsius. The end result is an immediate lifting and tightening of the tissues of the treated area.
- Hyaluronic Acid fillers and Botox injectable: can help relax muscles that cause dynamic rhytides (which are wrinkles caused by the contraction of muscles) and re-volumize areas on the face like the eyes and mouth that are not supported by muscle fibres that give them a lift, as well as areas of the face and neck that have diminished in fat and bone density -making the skin on those parts of the face more vulnerable to wrinkles, fine lines and sagging. Please see the index at the top, to determine which areas you wish to treat with Injectables.